About Taylor’s Foundation
The Taylor Strickland Legacy Foundation has a short but successful history of giving back to the community. Through our nomination program, we support initiatives that help strengthen the family unit. We believe every person should have the opportunity to discover who they are in God, and that we are to help provide those opportunities.
Since the inception of our foundation in 2017, we have granted over 29 scholarships to fathers and sons to attend Christ in the Smokies and Christ in the Rockies. These scholarships are available on a competitive basis to fathers and sons.
The Christ in the Smokies adventure is set in the heart of the majestic Smoky Mountains near the town of Highlands, North Carolina. The accommodations are held in a private retreat location. Scholarship fees for the father-son adventure includes:
- Excellent lodging (each father and son stay in their own private room with two beds)
- Delicious, filling meals from Sunday dinner through Thursday breakfast
- All transportation while on the adventure (one off-site activity will offer the option to drive separately if desired for social distancing)
- All adventure activities
- All specialized outdoor equipment (packing list will be provided for personal items to bring)
- All adventure books and materials
- A fun, powerful and effective curriculum
- Memories to last a lifetime
- Nominee’s father and son are committed to attending the trip together. (Please confirm this before submitting form.)
- Age: Entering 12th grade or older by fall semester 2021
- Is a Christian, or believer who is seeking
- Should be nominated by son’s adult leader or by father’s pastor and include the nomination form
- Readily exhibits leadership and service to others
- Has a love of the outdoors
You shall teach them to your sons, talking of them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road and when you lie down and when you rise up.
Christ in the Smokies
Christ in the Rockies